As provided for in the MFNCT Trust Agreement, the MFNCT is offering benefit programs to all Members of Michipicoten First Nation in the areas of education, health and home maintenance assistance for the 2016 Fiscal Year.
Each Member is eligible to apply for monetary benefits under ONE program during the period beginning January 1, 2016 and ending November 16, 2016. Any applications received after November 16, 2016 will not be reviewed. Benefits not collected from the 2016 Fiscal Year will not carry forward to 2017.
The MFNCT Board will meet quarterly to approve the disbursement of benefits (March, May, August & December), and benefits will be delivered one month following approval.
All programs will be administered on a first come, first serve basis.
All requests for benefits must be received in writing with the following content:
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Status Number
- Telephone Number
- Name of Program Applying for
- Supporting Documentation for the program that you are applying for
Distribution of benefits will be capped at one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($150,000.00) for the 2016 fiscal year to remain within budget limitations. Once this amount has been distributed, all programs will be closed. The total amount of distribution will be allocated in the following proportions:
· $5,000.00 to High School Graduation Program
· $120,000.00 to Home Maintenance Assistance and Health Promotion Program
· $15,000.00 to Elementary and Secondary School Incentive Program
· $10,000.00 for Membership Event Sponsorship Program